Sunday, August 17, 2008

Writing Class


This morning I signed up for a writing class on ed2go. For those of you who have never heard of ed2go.com, it is worth checking out. One can sign up for all sorts of online classes taught by real instructors for $129.00. The courses typically last 8 weeks and run the gamut from personal enrichment to career advancement options. I have been toying with the idea of writing for alomost 14 years now. I took a creative writing class here and there and found that I had some talent for it. I'm not sure if I am better suited to nonfiction or fiction however, or whether I have the mettle for writing at all, but I need to settle this in myself or I will go on and on wondering. Wish me luck, will you?


My two week vacation is quickly coming to a close and tomorrow, I return to reality. Mind you, it is not a wonderful reality at all. Some of you reading this blog know what I have been doing careerwise the last 10 years and the new position I took last year and perhaps you sense my unhappiness. I want to move on but I don't know how or even what to pursue. It's terrible this feeling of being stuck, of having to settle for this because you need the money and the benefits (limited though both things may be, in my case) and quite contrary to my personal convictions. I was always the sort of person who said, "If you're not happy, move on." But, my life circumstances are different now and I am . . . . scared? Hesistant? Depresses? I don't know but I just HAVE to figure it out or I will go bonkers. Perhaps you will help me, too?


BTW If you are wondering about some of the images on this blog, they are all taken in Ischia, an island near Capri. My mother's family lives there and I have been a frequent visitor. It is one of the most lovely places on earth and I enjoy the island for many reaons. When I am not there, I feel that something in my life is missing. I hope you enjoy the pics and feel free to comment and ask questions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Silvia. Nice pictures of Ischia. I know how you feel about Italy. And it sounds like you and I also share a joy of writing. Currently taking 3 online courses...but falling behind because I work f/t and have a baby and a husband, haha. And planning a move to Puglia. OMG! What was I thinking! I admire you for starting a blog...I've been thinking about it for years now but I feel like I won't sound as interesting as others do. Take care.
xxfranca

Silvia said...

Oh! This is so exciting. My first comment. Thank you Franca for sharing your thoughts with me. We have a similar, hectic lifestyle minus the baby on my part. A move to Puglia, huh? Tell me more. I wish I could move to Italy with my husband. He is from Naples.

Anonymous said...

Hello Silvia....

Make sure you tell all your friends that I was the one who taught you how to set up this blog...*giggle*

I wish I had a husband that I could dream about moving to Italy with! Forget Italy...I wish I had a husband that I could move to NEWARK with, for crying out loud!

Good luck with your blog.

Love,
Diane

Delina said...

Great pictures and great writing!

I hope that your first day back isn't too bad - it's the worst going back after a break, I know. Just think of Ischia and that should get you through the day :)

Silvia said...

Delina, thinking of Ischia only makes me want to take a longer break! Right now, I am at work.....don't even get me started. I will try to blog more later.
Thanks for leaving a comment.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

These photos are fantastic.

I have visited Ischia yet but hope to get there sometime next year.